Our Client seeks a Trainee / Part-Qualified Accountant to support the management accounts team through completion of journals and supporting activities to facilitate the production of monthly management accounts. Supervise the work of the transactional team to ensure accurate and timely processing of all transactions relating to sales ledger, purchase ledger and banking activities.
- Supporting Management Accountants;
- Posting monthly accruals and prepayments, as directed by the management accountants;
- Process Group payroll journals, including wage control recs;
- Posting of Intercompany transactions and recharges;
- Accounting for Fixed Assets, including depreciation journals;
- Tracking and accounting entries associated with leases;
- Balance Sheet reconciliations of key balance sheet accounts
- Weekly KPI Reporting;
- Support to management accounts team for budgeting and year end;
- Statistical Returns and company secretariat support.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a busy finance department however those that hold a relevant degree and look to pursue a career in Accounting may also be considered;
- Part qualified and working towards a recognised accounting qualification (i.e. ACA/ACCA/CIMA) is desirable but not essential;
- Experience of Navision accounting software or similar;
- Possess fundamental accounting skills: general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and account reconciliations;
- Able to communicate “professionally”, and establish effective working relationships with internal operations and external customers;
- Experience of managing small team and ability to mentor and train staff;
- Detail oriented, organised and able to multi-task several assignments simultaneously and establish job priorities;
- Good Listener - able to challenge constructively and respond well to feedback;
- Competent user of Microsoft Word & Outlook products and an advanced user of Microsoft Excel.
Your specialist: Debbie Amankwa
Quote job ref: 9828
Hi, I'm Debbie and I look forward to receiving your submission for this fantastic opportunity with this business.