Undergraduate Placement - 1 Year
Isle of Man
Our client seeks an Undergraduate for a 1 Year Placement.
This is an eleven-month paid placement for students who need to complete placement work experience as part of their degree. You don't have to be studying an accountancy degree, we accept students with all degree subjects.
You'll work alongside graduate trainees and experienced professionals on live and interesting client projects so you'll get a good insight into working life.
By experiencing life inside one of the world's largest professional services organisations, you'll have a fantastic opportunity to build and work on your commercial and personal skills. Working alongside specialists, you'll work on projects to give you the best insight into what we're about. You'll have the opportunity to build networks with your colleagues and peer group - factors which will make a real difference when you return for your last year at university.
- You will be working and collaborating as an audit team member building strong working relationships whilst developing your knowledge of the audit process.
- As your confidence grows so will your project management skills as you work to meet client and regulatory deadlines.
- In audit, we get to the heart of businesses providing decision makers with information they can trust and give investors' confidence. In this evolving environment, audit offers you a diverse career working with wide-ranging businesses and industries. This provides the opportunity to develop broad business skills.
- You'll have hands-on work straightaway. It's investigative work where you'll regularly speak with key contacts such as financial controllers or finance directors, checking and analysing data and highlighting and questioning any inaccuracies and you'll need to be tenacious and resilient to do it well.
- As finance is at the centre of every organisation, you'll learn constantly about how different businesses operate. You'll be reviewing records and also help to put together reports on the controls and processes you have seen at clients covering a wide range of audit areas including purchases and expenses, revenue and receivables along with cash and investments.
- If you're an individual with intellectual agility, drive and resilience, you will most likely excel in the business.
- The more experience you get, the more responsibility you'll take on.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
We want to hear from the most talented all-round students who qualify for Isle of Man worker status and who have excellent academic achievements, gaining at least a Grade C in Maths and English at GCSE, securing a minimum of 112 UCAS points (excluding General Studies), or a minimum of 32 International Baccalaureate points, and on track to securing a 2:1 in any degree discipline.
But, there's more to people than academic excellence. During the recruitment process, we will be looking for people who demonstrate:
- Flexibility - to handle changing priorities and workloads positively
- Courage and integrity - you are always up for a challenge and do the right thing by clients and colleagues
- Curiosity - to help you learn, share and innovate
- Team working skills - to take on your fair share and work with others to get results
- Commercial awareness - you are up to date with the latest business thinking and trends
- Great communication skills - to listen, persuade and put your point across
Your specialist: Mark Burman
Quote job ref: 13472
Hi, I'm Mark and I look after all the temp / contract roles. If this exciting job sounds up your street, please submit your details, we look forward to hearing from you.