Our client seeks an Underwriting Manager to join their team.
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join the Isle of Man based captive management team as an Underwriting Manager. The right candidate will be able to contribute to growth in an international risk and insurance environment.
The role requires overall responsibility for a portfolio of captive (re)insurance companies and the provision of technical underwriting support across the team.
With the assistance of the Underwriting Director: -
- Managing the day to day delivery of captive management services to a portfolio of clients, and be the primary point of contact within the business, for the nominated client companies, in relation to all (re)insurance management services.
- Maintaining an on-going relationship with nominated clients and gaining an understanding of the clients' business and industry.
- Contact for Underwriting and Claims queries / information on captives.
- Producing information, on a basis agreed with the client to enable the captive Board of Directors to make informed decisions.
- To liaise with the parent company, insurance supervisor, insurers, brokers, reinsurers, auditors, directors, lawyers and actuaries to fulfil the above responsibilities.
- To report to the Directors on all relevant activities.
- Assisting (re)insurance companies under management to comply with Isle of Man Financial Services Authority (IOMFSA) regulations and filing requirements, together with company legislation and agreed guidelines.
- There may be the opportunity to contribute to the wider Global Captive Practice joint initiatives in sales and marketing.
- Production of detailed Underwriting accounts, review of premium and claims information, assist in budgets / forecasts preparation.
- Liaise with insurers, brokers, reinsurers, risk consultants, loss adjusters in relation to the underwriting activities of the captives.
- Inform on the impact to the technical result due to changes in underwriting performance.
- Review all relevant contracts / policy wordings / agreements, in regard to underwriting and claims issues and to report to the Directors therein
- Liaise with clients regularly and culture positive relationships including out of office hours entertaining.
- Assist in coordinating quarterly Board meetings, including the production and issuance of Board packs and minutes for same.
- Presentation of information in a Board meeting environment.
- Undertake presentations to both prospective and current clients, including preparation of material used at same.
- Arranging for payment of claims and related expenses subject to collating the appropriate documentation and authorisation.
- Internal Audit/Compliance
- Ensure compliance with all Group and Client Procedures.
- Be aware of compliance requirements imposed on companies under management in IOM and the local Solvency requirements.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
Preference will be given to persons that have experience gained in captive management operations in leading domicile. As a minimum we are looking for a successful candidate to have the following attributes
- Experience of (re)insurance underwriting preparation.
- Hold or working towards a professional Qualification and/or insurance industry experience.
- A track record working with commercial clients within an insurer, broker or advisory operation, or working within a corporate environment.
Your specialist: Anne Murray
Quote job ref: 12913
Hi, I'm your specialist Anne and I can't wait to hear from you about this job. You can simply submit your CV or call me on 678144 with any questions.